Monday, April 22, 2013


Faith In Action

 

We had been praying for a youth minister at the church for about six months. I attend a Bible study on Tuesday nights and a young man began to come to the study as well. The young man lived in another town, but was staying with his mother for a short time to be with his father who was dying.

When his father passed away, he told his mother he was going to move back to Rockdale to be with her. So he and his wife came back to their hometown and began to come to our church.

A member in our church informed me on Sunday that David, the young man in whom I am referring to, was previously a youth minister at his former church. On Monday I called David to have a meeting with him. When I asked him if he would consider being a youth minister again he told me he and his wife had discussed the prospect on the previous Friday. They decided if the Lord wanted them to be in the youth ministry again, someone from the church would call. I was not aware of the prayer at the time nor was the man who suggested I make the call.

Coincidence? Not in the walk of a person of faith. God orchestrates his Kingdom with precision. He listens to the prayers of those who follow him and answers. There is no coincidence that we had been praying for a youth minister who was sent to our front doorstep.

Unfortunately, there are skeptics who might tend to explain this away. Nevertheless, God is in control and orders the steps of those in whom he loves.    

No comments:

Post a Comment