Monday, December 8, 2014

God's Word Places Him in Control



I get chills when I do the pledge to the American Flag and sometimes emotional while singing the National Anthem. Nevertheless, my true allegiance is to God. If my patriotism is stronger than my allegiance to God there is a problem. If anything takes precedence over Christ, it must be purged. Thankfully, the American Way of life has always been parallel with Christian values. However, today the line has been skewed. 

There has been much said about freedom in past days; especially the last couple of years. Freedom is that which is granted by God for a person to decide his or her own fate according to God’s Word. Ironically, deciding one’s fate by God’s Word places Him in control, thus removing the decision from the Believer and placing it on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment