Wednesday, February 2, 2011

God Cares for You

Sometimes, when things are not going your way it may be hard to believe, but God cares for you. We had a revival at the church. A man named Clyde Annandale was the dramatist. He portrayed King David. In his portrayal he explained how David might have felt as he faced Goliath. It was a myriad of emotions as he made us laugh and cry with his wonderful depictions. Clyde had never been to our town. There was a man in the audience; a man that I have known for sometime. A man who has had his struggles as many of us has had. This man had decided to begin to renew his walk with Christ. During a part of the portrayal of King David, Clyde encourages others to follow Christ and have faith.

Unknown to him, out of all of the people in the crowd, he chose this friend who has been struggling. In a way that only Clyde can do, he encouraged this man above and beyond what might have been expected. I began to praise God and the power of his Holy Spirit. Clyde reached across another individual to reach out to the man. He physically took him by the hand and pulled him closer to him. He exhorted him to have faith in God. No matter what he was facing, God would take care of it if he had faith that he would do so. When I asked Clyde later why he chose the man over the one who was standing right in front of him he exclaimed, “I don’t know. I just saw something in his face and felt the Lord wanted me to address him instead of the one I had chosen.”

I suppose there are those who read this and call it a coincidence. Nevertheless, I have witnessed many of those same types of “coincidences” in my walk with the Lord. It seems as though the Holy Spirit always knows how to “coincidentally” choose someone to encourage in the time when he or she needs it most. The power of the Holy Spirit resides in the caring love of God. As he follows each of his children, he guides them in the times that they cry out to him most.

That is precisely what he has done for me in my life. At the time I needed him most, he was planning for me to come to him in a great and mighty way; a way that my mind had not conceived of. A way that has led me in a life of obedience and abundance I have never experienced before. Because of his undying love, you will experience his magnificent power in your own life if you will be available to him to teach you what he has for you to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment